Treatments To Make You Smile More
At Smile More Orthodontics, our goal is to give you the smile of your dreams. With a wide range of treatment options available to you, you’ll get the custom treatment plan you deserve and the smile to match.
Dr. Leon Su provides orthodontic treatment for all ages at our offices in Rye and Flushing.
The Smile More Treatment Spectrum
This traditional option for straightening your smile is tried and true. When you choose metal braces from Smile More Orthodontics, Dr. Su attaches metal brackets to your teeth along with a connective wire.
You’ll meet with Dr. Su every six to eight weeks, and, over time, these wires and brackets shift your teeth in line.
Clear braces are a more discreet treatment option. Like metal braces, clear braces use a system of brackets and wires to correct your smile.
Unlike braces, these brackets are made from a ceramic material so that they blend in with your teeth. They are also smaller and rounder for a more comfortable fit.
Invisalign for Kids, Teens, & Adults
Invisalign uses a system of clear aligner trays to straighten your smile gently.
As a Gold Invisalign Provider, Dr. Su is your local Invisalign expert. He custom-designs each set of Invisalign trays, so they work just for you.
Brius Independent Movers®
Brius Independent Movers are braces that fit behind your teeth for maximum discretion and nobody will know you’re in treatment.
This treatment option uses a metal wire that shifts your teeth without the bulky brackets and wires of traditional braces. Out of sight, out of mind!
Palatal Expansion for Kids
Geared toward kids from the ages of seven to ten, this early intervention treatment option creates more room in your mouth to allow all your teeth to grow in correctly.
The goal of palatal expansion is to avoid the need to pull permanent teeth in the future.
Looking to whiten your smile? Zoom Whitening at Smile More Orthodontics works better than its over-the-counter alternatives.
Dr. Su uses the power of oxidation to whiten your teeth by eight shades or more.
Invisalign vs. Braces
When it comes to choosing the treatment plan that’s right for you, you need to weigh all the options. As the most popular treatment plans at Smile More Orthodontics, Dr. Su gets a lot of questions about the difference between Invisalign and braces. Let’s review.
Pros & Cons of Invisalign
- Easier to brush and floss teeth
- Minimal diet restriction
- More comfortable
- Almost no emergency visits
- Requires fewer office visits than braces
- Requires you to follow Dr. Su’s directions and participate actively in your treatment.
- Invisalign aligners need to be in your mouth all the time. If it’s not in your mouth, your teeth aren’t moving.
- Higher cost due to Invisalign lab fee
Pros & Cons of Braces
- Will straighten your teeth without much effort from you
- Work best for complex orthodontic conditions
- Treatment with braces is cheaper relative to Invisalign
- It is harder to brush and floss.
- More diet restrictions to keep braces intact.
- Metal brackets could cause discomfort.
- More emergencies due to breakages and discomfort.
- Requires more frequent visits compared to Invisalign (Every 4-6 weeks).
Ask Dr. Su What’s Right For You
With so many treatment options to choose from, it can be hard to make a decision. Schedule your free consultation today to ask Dr. Su what treatment plan is right for you!