Clear Aligners vs Braces
- Teeth will straighten with minimal compliance.
- Every orthodontist knows how to treat with braces, meaning the results are fairly consistent.
- Treatment with braces is cheaper relative to Invisalign
- It is harder to brush and floss. This may lead to higher risk for gum disease and tooth decay.
- More diet restrictions to keep braces intact. Breakage leads to prolonged treatment.
- More discomfort because of metal parts rubbing against lips and cheek.
- More emergencies due to breakages and discomfort.
- Requires more frequent visits compared to Invisalign (Every 4-6 weeks).
- Easier to brush and floss teeth
- Minimal diet restriction
- More comfortable
- Almost no emergency visits
- Requires less office visits. (Every 2 months)
- Requires compliance. Invisalign aligners need to be in the mouth all the time. If it’s not in the mouth, teeth are not moving.
- Not all orthodontists know how to treat well with Invisalign. It requires extensive learning and experience AFTER orthodontic training.
- Higher cost due to Invisalign lab fee.